Thursday 1 December 2011

The week that was

I promise to all of you that I will start updating this more often. Maybe.

Anyway, it has now been nearly 2 whole weeks since my last post and I've still been pulling in an average of 20 viewers a week. Makes me feel a little bit popular for once in my life but that's not the point! The reason for my minor absence is, of course, coursework. Two weeks ago I had a very important piece of coursework due in (from my view it was the most important of this semester). My C# coursework caused me many, many problems but I LOVED every moment of it. Call me strange but I love the thrill of working through code and finally getting it running after putting so much effort in. Unfortunately I ran out of time far too quickly and had to hand it in when I really wanted to finish it off to a higher standard and implement some more techniques that I had read about. On the plus side, I have finally realised the importance of managing my time better and sticking to schedules which I hope will help in my next semester when I have to programme a working game.

On a related note, I thought I would treat myself to something after stressing myself to near death for a few weeks.

All that hard work paid off.

That's right! A Limited Edition 25th Anniversary Legend of Zelda 3DS! I've been wanting a 3DS for a while now and I thought this was as good a time as any to finally get one, especially since the price drop from it's initial release. I especially wanted this one as Zelda is one of my all time favourite game franchises and not only is it designed in a cool black and gold theme with the crest of Hyrule emblazoned on the front but it also came with a copy of Ocarina of Time 3D! One of my all time favourite games!

On a related Zelda-esque note, I've been working my way through the new iteration, Skyward Sword. This is a game I could note recommend highly enough. If you still have a Wii go and get it now, or as soon as the shops open. You will not be disappointed in the slightest. I'm guessing that I will probably make this amazing game next weeks review for A Game Developer Reviews:. Hopefully I'll be able to tear myself away from the Zelda universe long enough to write up a review for another interesting game.

In the mean-time however, you will have to make do with this post but hopefully I will start getting more regular and have more for you to read. Also I might try using some form of sign off phrase as I find it quite hard to end these....

Its dangerous to go alone! Take this blog.

...nahhhh.

X-Box: IkasuKiller
PS3: Ikasu-Killer 
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/LeighNorton88
LinkedIn: http://uk.linkedin.com/in/leighnorton 

No comments:

Post a Comment